November 27, 2012

Little Buddy: 28 weeks!


I have officially completed my 28th week!  And they say baby is the size of an eggplant or the size of a Chinese cabbage, however big that is.  He weighs around 2 pounds and measures about 14 inches from the top of his head to his heels.  He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes, and with his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through the womb.  He's developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life outside the womb, and his wrinkly skin will start to get smoother.  His lungs are mature enough that he'd provably survive if he was born now.

They also say I'm in the home stretch, and that if I'm like most women, I'll most likely gain 11 pounds this trimester.  So we shall see - I'm now starting to see what it's like to have some extra weight on my body, and I must say, it makes everything a little more difficult.  And quite often I find myself out of breath, especially after I climb three flights of stairs to my office in the mornings. And I haven't experienced any contractions, at least none that I'm aware of.

I must say I have definitely gotten larger in the last few weeks and baby is moving up a storm.  And as excited as I am to GET to Ireland, I am a little nervous about the journey there - it should be an interesting flight, filled with lots of stops to the bathroom! And I can't help but wonder how much bigger I will be in just a few weeks.

And the best part of this week is that we get to see Little Buddy at our next ultrasound.  See, I have high blood pressure, so they have me on medication, thus they need to monitor his growth to make sure he's growing as he should be and isn't affected by the medication, which means more ultrasounds for us!  Can't wait to see that little guy again.  I have my glucose test for diabetes in a week or so, something fun to look forward to!   And my belly button is starting to do it's thing, but I still feel like it has a little ways to go.

I discovered a new outfit in my closet yesterday, which is always exciting!  I dug a skirt out of my closet that I haven't worn in ages, and it's fantastic considering it's elastic and considering it can sit below my belly.  It's the small things I tell ya!  I haven't had to buy any maternity items and I'm wondering if I am really going to get through this entire pregnancy without having to do so.  I'm always interested in borrowing things - so if you have items you would be interested in loaning me for a few months, let me know!

Here's to a few more months of pregnancy and watching LB grow!  Until next week.

xoxo,

Malia and LB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...