August 17, 2014

Little Buddy #2: 21 weeks


week 17 // 18 // 19 // 20

Growing // LB2 weighs about 3/4 of a lb and baby is about 10 1/2 inches long. Baby is now the size of a carrot! They say that I may soon feel like he's practicing martial arts as his initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. This little person moves ALOT and this I know, but it's always funny when a nurse or even the ultrasound tech tells me so. They are always like he's such a mover, I can barely track his heartbeat or it's hard to get a good profile shot because he won't stop moving. Is that a premonition for the future? Let's just say he's so low that I always have to remind them where he likes to hide out. Don't go searching for his heartbeat up by my belly button, you've got to go a whole lot lower!

Eating + Sleeping // And because baby is so low it makes sleeping interesting seeing as I have to pee all the time! I'm hoping that as he gets bigger he will change positions? Wishful thinking probably seeing as Jack never did. Really craving a ice cold beer or a yummy cocktail - and I know that's not in the eating category but it most certainly is in the drinking category! We checked out a distiller while we were in Cannon Beach and I was like Peter can you smell that? It smells so good!! My time will come soon enough, this I know.

Feeling //I've been feeling really great to be honest. Belly is definitely getting bigger, which makes certain activities a little interesting. Peter and I went on a hike this past weekend and the elevation gain felt tremendous. I was huffing and puffing and blowing the house down with my complaints about how hot and out of shape I am. And then I remembered...oh right. I'm pregnant. I suppose that makes a difference right? The way down was a true breeze!

Wearing // Still loving all my new dresses. Would wear them every day if I could. However, the new ones have already gotten a few stains on them. My experience with Asos was a huge success. Think I only spent around $50 on two dresses.

Milestones // We have officially started talking baby names. And it's hard. We are having a really hard time coming up with a boy name that we love. Now if we were having a girl that would have been a breeze!

And I will leave you with this photo from our anniversary getaway weekend.


Pregnant with Jack week 17 // 18 // 19 // 20 // 21


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...