August 4, 2014

Little Buddy #2: 19 weeks

 week 17 // 18

Growing // LB2 weighs about 8 1/2 ounces now and baby is about 6 inches long from head to bottom. Baby is now the size of an heirloom tomato! Crazy to think how much LB2 will grow over the next 20 weeks. I mean he doesn't even weigh a pound yet!! They say that his sensory development is exploding and he is now designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision and touch. He may even be able to hear my voice now. And my bump is growing too! I think it's starting to be obvious that I'm pregnant right and not just putting on weight? I can't wait to pass that awkward stage of ..is she pregnant, is she not? I think I'm there or nearly there, I suppose it depends on what I'm wearing as well. 

Eating + Sleeping // Sad to say, but I'm still not a huge fan of veggies. Kind of makes me sad. I have the best intentions and I purchase them at the shop, but then things just go bad before I have a chance to eat them, and I hate when that happens. Still love salty items and all types of breads. I'm still eating bagels with cream cheese, but not as often. All things diary - cheese, yogurt, whole milk (yes, the stuff Jack drinks) are some of my loves. And sleeping is interesting. I have officially gone over to the dark side with my pillows. The husband said...oh no, this is happening already. I now sleep with a pillow lodged between my legs and another one resting just a bit below my belly that I can also grab onto. Ahh..feels so good to have things pressed against my tummy. The worst part is though that I always wake up on my back, and the pillows are all over the place. Could be worse!

Feeling // Experienced my first bout of uncomfortableness this past week. Hard for me to sit in a chair at my desk at work. I just want to stretch out and stretch out my stomach (or uterus). Feels soo good to stretch out my legs and just lay down. So I found myself literally lying on the ground on my office floor. May need to bring some pillows in for next week. I have also started to experience just a teeny tiny bit of heartburn. Have yet to purchase tums or anything for that, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. 

Wearing // Oh man I just love dresses. As my baby bump grows so do my hips and thighs, and pants just don't look all that great, nor are they all that comfortable. So I took the plunge and ordered a bunch of maternity dresses, yes maternity dresses. I didn't do anything of the sorts with Jack, but I'm realizing that I wasn't all that pregnant with Jack through the summer. And with him I wore dresses, tights (loved the tights) and boots, and the majority of my dresses are Fall/Winter items rather than flowy summery dresses. Once those seasons come, then I can start wearing those dresses as well as the ones I purchased recently. I ordered a bunch of dresses off asos and I can't wait to get them! They should be here Tuesday. I ordered this one in pink and this in grey as possible bridesmaid dresses. And I ordered this one in black for a just because dress and this one in orchid is the one I'm most excited about and probably the one I will for sure keep. And I think I ordered a few more, but can't be bothered putting the links in here.

Milestones // We found out last week that we were having a BOY! Check out the gender reveal post for some great video footage. And we found out that Jack's going to be a big brother. We have another ultrasound this week, and I'm assuming they will simply confirm what we already know. 

And I will leave you with this photo...


Pregnant with Jack week 17 // 18 // 19

And this one...I found this gem of a onesie at the everything $2 sale that I went to at the Ronald McDonald House - you bet I bought it!


Until next week,

Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...