July 28, 2014

Little Buddy #2: 18 weeks

week 17 //

Growing // LB2 weighs about 8 ounces now and baby is about 5 1/2 inches long from head to bottom. Baby is now the size of a bell pepper! We had an ultrasound with my mom last Friday, and the gender has been revealed! We will save that for another post, but LB2 is measuring right on target with a number of things, but there was one area where baby was ahead of the game, and I was like what was that one? And she said, that would be babies head circumference! Great, another one with a big head, just like Jack!

Eating + Sleeping // I have been eating less and less lately in one sitting, and more frequently throughout the day. I just feel sick when I eat too much, and then I feel as though I need to go lay down to stretch out my stomach. So I try to avoid overeating too much as I know I'll pay for it later! Still loving fruit, and I have welcomed smoothies back into my meal rotation. Yummy! I'm loving graham crackers with peanut butter on them as my little treat. Definitely have not been craving chocolate or anything too sweet, however, frozen yogurt sounds so good right now! Again, something nice and cold and I just love all things salty...chips, crackers, nuts, etc. Yum. In regards to sleep, the past few days I have been up 3 times a night! I. HATE. THIS. Just preparation for babies actual arrival I suppose, but I think I was hoping I'd have at least another month or two before this started happening. Baby lodges itself down so far in my tummy that it just hurts and I have to go to the bathroom all the time throughout the night, daytime is okay. Not too sure why, but it is. It's like baby knows as soon as I lay my head down on that pillow to then curl itself up close to my bladder! 

Feeling // Definitely have more energy, but I get so tired throughout the day. Such an interesting dichotomy I suppose. Feels so good to rest. I even took a nap today while Jack napped. This is definitely becoming a much more common occurrence. Still no heartburn or sickness of any kind. But I'm sure the heartburn will come in time. 

Wearing // Still in dresses. Just wish it was cold outside so I could wear tights with those dresses to hold my tummy in and up and my boots. I'm thinking I'm going to give in and buy some maternity dresses as I found a few that I loved on asos. Have never purchased anything from that site before, not much of an online shopper to be honest as I never know what size to get and I hate having to pay for shipping, but they have free shipping both ways! So I'll keep you posted. 

Milestones // We found out LB2's gender!! That's a pretty big milestone and I've been feeling movement and LB2 was moving around a TON during the ultrasound. My mom had a hard time capturing things because LB2 was such a wiggle worm, way more wiggly than big brother!

And I will leave you with this amazing photo! And this is how Jack feels about LB2's gender or maybe about being a big brother in general. Or maybe this is just his pose for the camera face? Until next week.


Pregnant with Jack week 17 // 18 //

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...