August 11, 2014

Little Buddy #2: 20 Weeks


week 17 // 18 // 19

Growing // LB2 weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now and baby is about 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom. Baby is now the size of a banana! He's so curled up in there that it's hard to believe he's actually that big. They say that he's swallowing more these days, and we got to see him swallowing during the ultrasound. My bump is definitely growing. Hard to disguise it these days.I had the first person ask me if I was pregnant again...and I thought well this is a bit of a milestone - people are now starting to notice the growing bump.

Eating + Sleeping // My new craving is a caprese salad, must be something about the basil, tomato, mozzarella combo smothered in balsamic dressing. Yum...I could even eat that for breakfast! Plus it's been fun to eat the tomatoes in our garden. But don't worry, I still love all my salty things...and have been eating peanuts lately and pretzels with cream cheese. Sleeping has gotten worse. I wake up at least two times a night without question to go to the bathroom and probably more just to change positions. So sleeping is definitely not all that pleasant.

Feeling // I've been feeling pretty good minus the fact that I'm just exhausted! It's exhausting just looking after a traveling toddler and even more exhausting when you add in the fact that a baby is growing inside me. And it doesn't help that I haven't been sleeping all that great. But all in all, no heartburn this past week. Blood pressure is normal. Everything is good! And for that I'm thankful.

Wearing // My dresses arrived, and I returned all of them but two. And I'm obsessed. I could see myself wearing these two dresses all the time. I've already worn one of them twice and I got them last Tuesday! This pregnancy for me is all about being comfortable and wearing comfy things that I can sit down in and run around in with Jack. And I think I found a few extra comfy things to add to my wardrobe. And that makes me very happy!

Milestones // We had our anatomy ultrasound and LB2 is looking great. Measuring right on target - his head circumference is a little on the larger side, just like Jacks! Lucky me. And remind me never to take my toddler to an hour long ultrasound appointment. Don't worry I didn't go alone, Peter was with me. But the ultrasound tech was nothing less than friendly and wasn't too keen on him being there from the very beginning and it didn't help much that the appointment lasted nearly 90 minutes! Fun to see baby on the screen and watch him move, but I think I'm a little ultrasound spoiled considering I'm only 20 weeks and I've already had like 5 ultrasounds (2 with my mom, 2 with the OB, and one official one). And that's us!

And I will leave you with this photo from my Dad's 65th birthday bash.


Pregnant with Jack week 17 // 18 // 19 // 20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...