September 8, 2014

Little Buddy #2: 24 weeks!


week 17 // 18 // 19 // 20 // 21 // 22 // 23 

Growing // They say LB2 gained about 4 ounces since last week, which puts him at about 1 1/3 pounds, and he's almost a foot long. Either the size of a cantoulope or the sir of an ear of corn depending on which website you look at. If you ask me, those are very different food objects! His brain is also growing quickly now and his taste buds are continuing to develop. And his skin is thin and translucent. 


Eating + Sleeping // I have been eating everything lately! There isn't one thing that makes me queasy or one thing that I'm particularly craving right now. Loving salads now with yummy cheese and a nice dressing. And in regards to sleep, well that's an interesting issue in itself. I'm not getting much of it. We did have a moment last week where Jack woke up every few hours. I thought I was going to have a meltdown, and I was worried about him as he does NOT do that. He normally sleeps solid from night until morning. So I was waking the husband up...is he sick? Does he have a fever? What's going on...why is he doing this? Poor Peter ...and here's me thinking he has all the answers! The in laws arrived that night, so maybe he wasn't use to sharing a room, or maybe his sound machine was too quiet, or maybe...who really knows! I could make up all sorts of reasons. What I do know is that it reminded me of what our reality will be in just a few short months when LB2 arrives! And let me tell you, it wasn't a pretty sight. My husband loves his sleep, both of us do, let's be honest, but Peter isn't a huge fan of being disturbed in the middle of the night. He will do anything for his child, including night time wake ups, and he did ALOT of those with Jack considering he was bottle fed for his first few months before we transitioned fully to breasfteeding. So Peter would get up to feed Jack and I would pump. So this isn't unfamiliar territory to him, but it is kind of considering it's been a really LONG time since something like this has happened. We were short with each other. We were rude. I was emotional, really emotional. I mean I cried! It's all funny in hindsight now, but let me tell you it sure wasn't pretty in the moment. Here's to night time wake ups and really beautiful nighttime moments (note sarcasm)! 

Feeling // I have had a few moments where I was thinking...is this heartburn? Have yet to buy tums or anything, but definitely feel as though I have had small little bouts of heartburn. Other than that, I feel really great! No leg cramps or round ligament pain or stretch marks.

Wearing // Same old, same old things!

Milestones // I saw LB2 move outside my clothes this past week! Pretty cool moment. This kid is a major mover and a shaker, way more so than Jack ever was. 

And I will leave you with this photo. On the left I'm 22 weeks pregnant with Jack and on the right I'm 24 weeks pregnant with LB2.


Pregnant with Jack week 17 // 18 // 19 // 20 // 21 // 22 // 23 // 24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...