August 24, 2014

Little Buddy #2: 22 weeks



week 17 // 18 // 19 // 20 // 21

Growing // LB2 weighs about 1 lb and baby is about 11 inches long. Baby is now the size of a spaghetti squash. That sounds so big! It's hard for me to believe that there is a spaghetti squash in my belly. They say that baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn and that his lips, eyelids and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises still lack pigment.

Eating + Sleeping // And I'm still waking up at least once in the night to go the bathroom. Baby is still really low. I'm wondering when this will change.I haven't had any big cravings lately. Still loving ice cold beverages, the colder the better. But I finally feel like I'm wanting to eat healthier foods again, which is great! Don't get me wrong, I'm still loving my bagels and cream cheese.

Feeling // Everyone's been asking me how I'm feeling, and sometimes I feel like I should lie and tell them just how terrible I'm feeling so that they will feel sorry for me! Haha! But the reality is...I'm feeling great. I told my dad to give me a few weeks as my answer may change as I enter into my third trimester. I definitely know my limitations though and I definitely breath heavier when I'm walking up stairs or riding a bike up a huge hill with Jack on the front. We went for a family bike ride this past weekend, and I couldn't ride Peter's bike because I had  to bend over the entire ride and it just wasn't comfortable on the belly. I tried it, and complained a minute or so after I was on it, so the husband kindly gave me my bike back. The problem was ...there was a 27 lb toddler strapped to the front of my bike and Bainbridge Island is extremely hilly. So yes, you bet I got off my bike a few times to push myself and the bike and Jack up those steep hills. Anyhow, we probably didn't go more than 5 miles, but it felt like a lifetime!

Wearing // Truly, I wear my new dresses at least once a week - might need to buy a few more of them! Love them so much.

Milestones // It's just crazy to think I'm already 22 weeks pregnant. I can't even believe that we will meet this little buddy in no time. Hopefully not quite as soon as we met his brother, but who knows, it could be!

And I will leave you with this photo from our weekend away in Bainbridge.


Pregnant with Jack week 17 // 18 // 19 // 20 // 21 // 22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...