December 27, 2012

Little Buddy: 32 Weeks!


Well Little Buddy has officially surpassed the 32 week mark, and each passing week is a little milestone in our lives. I'm definitely starting to feel pregnant, and I suppose it's about time!  He's starting to cramp my style, which I suppose is a blessing because that means that he's growing a bit.

LB is definitely in the head down position, but I don't know if it's going to make much of a difference.  Right about now it's just a waiting game.  And I will most likely be induced and LB will definitely come earlier than anticipated. The Doctor today told me to start packing my hospital bag!!  We are just hoping and praying that he stays in there as long as he possibly can.  I never imagined I would have a baby that would end up in the NICU.  Anyhow, all this doctor stuff warrants it's own post, so I'll save that for another day.

LB is now the size of a squash.  And he has toenails, fingernails and real hair, and his skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up for birth.  I haven't felt any contractions as of yet, but no one has said anything about that being abnormal.  I have definitely been experiencing shortness of breath. Wow - I never knew what that was like, but now I'm out of breath when I walk for awhile, or when I make the bed or do something really small.  It's slightly amusing! And I think I have an addiction to Tums - sometimes I find myself popping two at a time.  I haven't taken any yet today though, so I don't want to jinx myself.

They say that I'm gaining about a pound a week, and let's just say I can tell!  All my clothes are starting to feel a whole lot tighter and my face is definitely looking rounder and the numbers are the scale are creeping up!  And my bras are definitely starting to feel tighter, and I finally broke down today and bought a new one - THIS one.  I love the Coobie bras, and I figured I would wear it post baby as well.  Rumor has it that it's a good nursing bra - we shall see!

My husband is serving me so very well and forcing me to rest.  And let's be honest, that is a difficult task!  I'm not the best patient, and it's really hard for me to accept the kind acts of service.  He's been keeping himself busy - folding laundry, unloading the dishwasher, grocery shopping, cooking meals.  He's such a good man, and I feel so blessed to have him.

We have been keeping ourselves busy with getting baby things sorted - painting LB's little room, filling his closet with clothes, books, toys, bath supplies, etc.  We have been gathering some of the core items, like a stroller, car seat, car seat adapter, clothes, bassinet, baby room decorations, etc.  We have yet to purchase his little crib, but I did use some Amazon Christmas gift cards to buy LB's crib mattress, and I figure he won't be sleeping in it right away!  But we are making progress.

We have two more weeks of our childbirth prep class, which has been a blessing so far!  And I think we are starting to feel a bit more and more prepared each and every day, but let's be honest, we have no idea how much LB is going to rock our world.  My mom asked Peter and I if we were ready for LB to arrive in 4 weeks time, and I said, let's be honest, whether he arrives in 4 weeks or 4 months, I don't think we are ever going to feel fully ready!  And that's a fact!

We feel so incredibly blessed by our beautiful community and all of your support.  Thanks so much for your continued prayers and I can't wait for Little Buddy to meet you!

xoxo,

Malia, Peter and LB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...