November 13, 2012

Little Buddy: 26 weeks!


Little Buddy is 26 weeks old today!  And he's the size of a head of lettuce.  He's growing in the 13.6 to 14.8 inch and 1.5 to 2.5 pound range, and developing his senses, features and talents!  And he has eyelashes, can you believe that? His eyes will also start to open soon.  And his immune system is getting ready for life on the outside by soaking up my antibodies.  Maybe that's why I haven't been feeling so hot lately?  And he's taking breaths too - of amniotic fluid, not air.

And they say that at this point, it probably feels like this baby has taken over my life, and let's be honest, I'm definitely starting to feel that way.  He's interfering with my sleep, and he's messing with my brain - let me tell you, this whole pregnancy brain thing is so true!!  I watched the Husky game scoreboard online, and truly thought they had lost, and when Peter got home from the game he was saying they had left the game early considering they were winning by so much, and I said...you mean the the other team?  Because I genuinely thought the Huskies had lost, and it turns out I was watching the score of the COUGAR game rather than the Husky game, and the whole time I had absolutely no idea!  And I have been having headaches lately - have yet to buy any Tylenol, so I have just been putting up with them, but it's not all that fun.  And I noticed today that some socks I just bought were REALLY tight when I put them on - maybe it's from swelling?  Or maybe the socks are just tight and that's why they were at Ross?  Who knows!  And they also say that I should be experiencing some Braxton Hicks contractions, and to be honest, I can't say whether I have experienced these one way or the other.  I definitely have heartburn, and I am starting to think that maybe I should start watching my diet instead of just popping tums like they're my favorite candy.

I haven't purchased any maternity clothes yet, but the day is quickly approaching.  And I'm thinking it might be a good idea to borrow a few items from people rather than to buy some of my own.  And lately, Peter has been teasing me because I have been talking to the baby.  Yesterday, I was having a full on conversation with the baby - it was one sided of course, and Peter chuckled to himself and asked, who are you talking to?  And I said LB of course!  And then I read this post on the bump and they say to communicate with your baby - it's never too early to start bonding with him, and while it's going to be a one-sided conversation, it's a great idea to chitchat with your unborn child.  And they go onto say - someone listening in might think you're talking to yourself, but who cares?  And after reading this, I just laughed and then went on to share it with Peter.  Most of my conversations with the baby consist of me telling him what to do - little buddy can you move up just a bit higher, I'm a little tired of you pressing SO hard on my bladder - little buddy, why is my stomach so upset?  What's going on in there? - you get the point!  And they also say that there may come a time when I need to shop for new shoes - and I'm starting to notice that my boots feel a bit more snug.

Well that's all for now - Peter and I have been extremely busy lately, and I haven't been feeling so hot the past few days.  Even stayed home from work today considering I threw up last night - NOT fun and I'm thinking it was something I ate that just didn't agree with me.  I am still feeling a bit queasy and not so hot today, but I'm thinking this could very well be my new normal.  We shall see!  

And that's all for now, until next time - can't wait for you to meet Little Buddy!

Xoxo,

Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...