October 2, 2014

Little Buddy #2: 26 weeks



week 17 // 18 // 19 // 20 // 21 // 22 // 23 // 24 // 25 

Forgive me for the poor quality photo! I almost didn't post a photo with this update, but figured I could edit it a bit and make it look somewhat decent. 

Growing // They say LB2 weighs about 1 2/3 pounds and measures 14 inches. And he's roughly the size of a head of lettuce.They say that if you're having a boy, which we are, his testicles should soon begin to descend into his scrotum - a trip that will take about two to three months. Lucky guy! The network of nerves in LB2's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partners as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And his eyes will start to open soon! Crazy to think about.

Eating + Sleeping // Still eating the same things. Nothing new there, and still sleeping the same. So tired of having to wake up to go to the bathroom, but such is life. I really should go to bed earlier, but that's so hard!
Feeling // I'm definitely feeling pregnant. And the bump is getting bigger, and I'm so out of breath when I walk up hills or climb up stairs! Nothing surprising I suppose? No stretch marks or leg cramps or heartburn. I feel really lucky in regards pregnancy symptoms.

Wearing // I did buy a maternity tank top and a black maternity dress - both from Target! Love them both. The dress is so cozy!

Milestones // Jack has started pointing to my belly and saying baby. And my blood pressure is higher than the average Joe, but still prehypertension. Nothing to inform the Drs. about!


Pregnant with Jack week 17 // 18 // 19 // 20 // 21 // 22 // 23 // 24 // 25 // 26

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...