October 30, 2014

Little Buddy #2: 30 weeks


week 17 // 18 // 19 // 20 // 21 // 22 // 23 // 24 // 25 // 26 // 27 // 28 // 29

So I thought we didn't get a bump photo this week, but turns out we did. It's just not a photo I would want to frame and put up in my house, so perhaps that's why I thought we didn't get one, but I suppose it reveals the realities of life, such as the pulled back hair which simply indicates the need for a shower and the fake smile which is a slight indication of the exhaustion.

Growing // LB2 weighs around 3 pounds and is roughly around 16 inches. They say he is the size of a cucumber - nice and skinny! Baby bump is definitely growing, and a few people have just now started to say...What? You are pregnant again! I can't believe it took them this long to notice - too funny. This time around though, no one is saying...oh you are so small. Actually, I lie, I have had a few people say that, but not nearly as many as I had with Jack. LB2's skin is getting smoother, and his brain is getting wrinklier. And he's now strong enough to grasp a finger!

Eating + Sleeping // Again, nothing too exciting to report. I'm sleeping fine. I sleep so soundly at night, until I have to wake up to go to the bathroom. And I'm sure I do dream, but I don't remember any of the crazy pregnancy dreams. 

Feeling // Heartburn has finally hit me, and I finally gave in and purchased my first box of antacid tablets. They are so good! If I'm honest though, it's not THAT bad, but there was one night last week where I literally couldn't get to sleep because the heartburn was so bad. I figured I had toughed it out long enough, and now was my time. I haven't noticed any swelling, but I'm sure there is some as my boots are getting a bit more tricky to put on. And my rings are getting tighter too! I can still pull them off, and I'm hoping the day doesn't come when I have to take them off, but we shall see. What else? I don't have any stretch marks, and I don't know if I'll get any as I didn't get any with Jack, but again, we shall see!



I had a Dr's appointment this past week, and I found out that I don't have gestational diabetes, but I also found out that my iron levels are low, just as they were with Jack. So Iron tablets it is. And the funny thing is, I still have some in my cupboard. Do they expire? We chatted about the future of this pregnancy and what the next 10 weeks could look like. The reality is, there is more uncertainty with this pregnancy than there was with Jack. With Jack, we knew he would come early, we just didn't know HOW early, and the closer we got, we knew there was a good chance that I would have a c-section. With Little Buddy #2, I have no idea when he'll arrive nor do I know how he will arrive. He could be here in the next few weeks via a c-section, or I could be induced around 37 weeks and attempt a VBAC or I could carry him full term or he could be overdue. One thing I do know is that I'm not scheduling a c-section, but other than that, everything else is up in the air. And if I'm honest, the uncertainty excites me. It's exciting to think that this baby will have a different birth story than his brothers and it all really hinges on my blood pressure and what happens there. It's been averaging around 130/80 and the Dr. told me not to worry about it until it hits 150/90. But as of now, I'm not on any medication at all, completely different than my experience with Jack.

Wearing // Still living in my maternity dresses, and sometimes I pull out my pre pregnancy dresses that still have some give room.

Milestones // I celebrated my 32nd birthday! And we bought your brother a toddler bed seeing as you are eventually going to be taking over his crib. We went to the pumpkin patch this week, but I didn't get any photos of the belly bump, only this family photo and this photo of sweet Jack. 

 Pregnant with Jack week  17 // 18 // 19 // 20 // 21 // 22 // 23 // 24 // 25 // 26 // 27 // 28 // 29 // 30 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...