October 30, 2014

Little Buddy #2: 31 weeks


week 17 // 18 // 19 // 20 // 21 // 22 // 23 // 24 // 25 // 26 // 27 // 28 // 29 // 30

I can't stop thinking about the fact that I was basically put on moderate bed rest with Jack at this stage (around 31 weeks), our flights to Ireland for Christmas had already been canceled, and to top it all off the Dr. requested that I start working exclusively from home. I thought about all of that as I climbed the three flights of stairs today to my desk at work. It's amazing how different this pregnancy has been, and I can't help but wonder if it's simply because I have a different Dr. or if it's just a different birth story all together. 

Growing // They say that baby is now the size of a pineapple. All five of his senses are in working order, his irises react to light now, and he's going through major brain and nerve development. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates under his skin. And he's just getting smarter, which is great, because pregnancy brain is real! And I have a hard time keeping track of things, just ask the husband - oops. He's about 16.5 inches long and weighs about 3.5 lbs. and he's definitely starting to feel a little crowded in there.

We had an ultrasound appointment last week (30 weeks 2 days) to check LB2's growth, and if my weight gain and belly size are any indication of this kid's size, then I figured he was going to be just fine. He measured in at the 54th percentile, sorry Jack, but you never measured that big! 

At this stage in the game, a little after 32 weeks, Jack was definitely on the small side, his head measured big, and his body was measuring small, and his femur length was short, and he weighed about 3 lbs 5 oz. And with LB2, they said he weighed around 3 lbs. 10 oz, which isn't THAT far off from Jack's actual birth weight of 4 lbs. 2 oz. Everything else was measuring ahead of his gestational age, except for his femur length - his head circumference is in the 80th percentile, and his abdominal circumference is in the 79th percentile, and his femur length is in the 3rd percentile (poor child). The Dr. said that she was very pleased with his measurements and his growth and that the place to look for growth restriction would be in his abdominal circumference, but considering he's measuring on target for that, she's not concerned! So we keep on keeping on.

He's definitely in the head down position - the ultrasound tech had the hardest time getting his head measurements as he's so low. I don't know what it is, but both boys have remained in those deep head down positions from the very start - makes things a little uncomfortable for me, but such is life. 

Eating + Sleeping // I still love ice cold beverages. I haven't been eating much meat - loving all types of homemade soups though. Still love bread and cheese and crackers and toast smothered in butter. Yum, think I'll go put a piece of bread in the toaster! In regards to sleeping, still sleeping fine, using two extra pillows now rather than just one!

Feeling // I have definitely been feeling Braxton hicks contractions, which is funny because I never thought I felt contractions with Jack, and now that I know what they are, I'm fully aware of the tightening of the uterus. Our bodies are crazy! Definitely feeling out of breath these days - can't talk too fast or for too long before I start to feel out of breath, and climbing up stairs are a full days work! Heartburn has kicked itself up a notch and there was one day where I popped like 5 tablets. I'm sure the dosage will increase in time!!

Wearing // Same old same old. 

Milestones // I'm just so pleased I've made it to 31 weeks without being put on bed rest, without being told that I could have baby in a few weeks, without being hospitalized. I wrote this blog post titled the Drennan Family Update right around 31 weeks pregnant with Jack (I didn't post it till I was nearly 33 weeks, but the emotions are from a 31 week pregnant woman). I remember this woman, little did she know that she would be hospitalized the next day after posting it and meeting her son in a weeks time. Each day from here on out is a major milestone! 

 Pregnant with Jack week  17 // 18 // 19 // 20 // 21 // 22 // 23 // 24 // 25 // 26 // 27 // 28 // 29 // 30 // 31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...