May 4, 2017

Faith Like a Child

Jack,

As I put you to bed tonight, and as I laid with you, I said a prayer.

And then you prayed.

Jesus,

Thank you for my mama.

Thank you for dada and Ryan and Jack (yes, you thanked Jesus for yourself!)

Thank you for my house and my clothes and my kitchen and the food in it and our cars.

Thank you Jesus.

And I walked out of your room with tears in my eyes.

When was the last time I thanked God for those simple things? For our house, and our clothes and our kitchen and the food in the fridge, for all these things that so many people don't have.

Why do we complicate things?

Faith like a child is so simple and beautiful.

We went to church Sunday and the next day you wanted to bring your bible with you to school. You wanted to put it in your backpack and read it at school. You use to call it your Jesus book, and now you're calling it your bible.

Faith like a child, when was the last time I took my bible with me in my bag? 

And when Easter rolled around, we were diligent to read through the Easter story, and you asked why Jesus was hurt when you saw the picture of him on the cross, and Dada told you, yet again, about Jesus' death on the cross and what that means for us today.

And you simply boiled that message down to, Jesus is a superhero, and he came to save us from the bad guys!

Faith like a child.

This is my prayer for you.

May you come to know Him, may you come to Believe in Him, may you come to Believe Him.

And may we all have faith like a child.

I love you little man!

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...