October 10, 2011

Change.

Friday was my last day at the salon.  And a sad day it was.  A whole lot of tears were shed and it was all rather emotional.  Change is hard.

I said my goodbyes to Postal Paul and many of the clients.  I was touched by the sincere emotion behind their farewells and their well wishes, but it was the watery eyes that surprised me.  

People were sad and the day was an emotional one.  But I knew it would be.  

It was hard.  And it was sad.  And the whole thing is so very bitter sweet.  God is faithful - this I know, but it didn't stop the tears from streaming down my own cheeks.

I have been blessed so abundantly by these people over the years, and my final days were no exception.  They sent me off with most beautiful words, the best hugs, and the most delightful gift.  And I know with my entire heart that they are excited for this next chapter in my life, but their excitement and their joy didn't stop the tears from streaming down their cheeks.  

Later in the afternoon, amidst all the goodbyes and the tears, I read an email from one of my new coworkers informing me that they were praying for me during this time of transition and praising God for His faithfulness.

And after reading this email I was simply reminded of God's faithfulness in my life and overwhelmed by His abundant blessings. 

And although Friday was an emotional day it was such a beautiful one.  These people have shared in seven years of my life and I in theirs.  It has been such an honor to work alongside such beautiful people.  And amidst all the tears and emotion, so much love was expressed and shared.  And I felt so blessed.

And although Friday was an emotional day and many tears were shed, I left the salon filled with so much joy and love.  And I am at peace. And I go in faith fully knowing that God is faithful - fully knowing that He has prepared the way for me - fully knowing that although I am leaving such good people, I am going to good people.

Change is hard, but God is faithful!

And guess what…today is my first day at the new job!  I already have so much to write about and I haven't even started yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...