January 17, 2012

Announcements, announcements, announcements.

The Drennan's have an announcement to make.

Drumroll please...

And, maybe, while you are waiting in anticipation, I should take the time to clarify that I am not pregnant, and we will not be the proud parents of a baby in 9 months.

Please continue with drumroll...




Maybe this picture will help?  


Well if not...you don't have to wait any longer!

Our announcements is....


WE HAVE INTERNET in our home...FINALLY (moved into our house in March)!  And we are also the proud owners of a wireless router.



Isn't is just lovely??

I know you are probably thinking how the heck have they survived without Internet?  That's just strange!   And it kind of is isn't it?  

Well the reality is, we didn't want to pay for it, and we haven't paid for it since we have been married. 

When we lived in our apartment in Northgate, we would use the community room for internet and various coffee shops.  And once we moved into our home in Shoreline, we used Peter's smart phone and were able to pick up a weak internet signal, but we had to be in the guest bedroom for that!  

So today is a BIG day for the Seattle Drennan's.  A day we have been awaiting for over a week now - ever since the appointment was scheduled.  When we told my siblings on Saturday about our BIG news, my brother simply said "the things you guys live without are things most people wouldn't even question!" He was not only referering to the Internet, but also to the fact that we are using our dishwasher as a drying rack because it doesn't wash our dishes anymore, and we can't bring ourselves to buy a new one just yet!...I know, I know!  But it is FAR more efficient than using the dishwasher considering the dishes come out dirty and I just end up hand washing them anyways.  Probably saves us some water.

Anyhow, we now have Internet, and I can now sit on my couch, watch the biggest loser, and write on the blog.  What a beautiful thing this is!  Sure hope I can tear this computer out of my hands so that I can go to bed tonight.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...