January 28, 2012

Spoken Word.

I LOVE spoken word.  I don't know why, but I just do okay!  I mean don't get me wrong, I do love when things rhyme, and I guess I could say I like poetry, but I think the main thing that I love about spoken word is that it truly is a form of storytelling.  A person is simply telling a story about something and the words just happen to rhyme.

Anyhow, I ran across this video today on Facebook and thought it was blog worthy.  So here it is folks - Sex, Marriage & Fairytales.


Some of my favorite bits...

"We thought marriage was suppose to fulfill us and make us happy, not lonely, but the truth is God's first priority is making you holy."

"Yet the secret of joy, if we just pull back the facade, is realizing most problems arise when we elevate our spouse to God."

"If your marriage rests on anything but Jesus it's resting on something broken."

"To last you need the strength from above because it's not the LOVE that sustains the promise, it's the PROMISE that sustains the love!

"You don't fall out of love as much as you fall out of repentance."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...