February 23, 2012

Thoughts from the wise.

And no I am not calling myself wise...in fact I am calling my husband wise.  Sure hope he reads this post!

I mean look at that face!  Doesn't he just look wise??  (photo taken at the Seattle Art Museum)

So on Valentine's Day, we created a beautiful meal together, and sat down to share it.  I LOVE to ask questions, so it was only natural that I started hounding him with questions ranging from life goals to wisdom and advice, and considering it was Valentine's Day, he probably felt slightly obligated to satisfy my questions with good answers!

So one of my questions...What advice would you give to a newly married couple?

His first answer...

"Marriage is easy if you marry your best friend!"

And then he paused for a moment, while he thought about his first answer, and decided he needed to add to it...

"Marriage can be difficult and takes work, but it's good if you marry your best friend."

And the wisdom continued...

"Anything worth having is not easy, if its easy then it's not worth having."

And one of my favorite nuggets from the night...

"Don't marry someone that isn't your best friend - it's a stupid idea - your physical attraction, your romantic love is only going to last so long, but the friendship lasts forever!"

My final question of the night...

"How do you know if they are your best friend?"

The husband...

"You just know..."

xoxo,

Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...