February 22, 2010

Failed French Bread.


So I decided that for Sunday dinner on Superbowl Sunday I was going to diverge from the normal bread I make and be adventurous by making my very own French Bread. Now I knew this had the potential to go VERY wrong even before I started. But I took the risk anyways and embarked on the nearly 4 hour French Bread journey, which was extremely selfish because as I mentioned in the first sentence it was not just any sunday, it was Superbowl Sunday, and all Peter wanted was to watch the game from start to finish in ONE spot. Needless to say he didn't miss a WHOLE quarter, just a few minutes. And thank goodness someone bought garlic bread from Safeway to go with the pasta dinner that was to feed 15 because the bread was small and dense kind of like a baguette and I don't think it was suppose to be like that. But it was delicious and never would have fed 15 people! So my French Bread adventure wasn't entirely a disaster, but Peter did tell me to stick to the normal bread i make...don't know if I will be venturing down that path anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...