July 23, 2010

Ironman.


Well folks…I know I havn’t been all that good about writing…but here goes! A few weekends ago some of my favorite women and I traveled to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho to cheer on our dear friend Meg as she competed in an Ironman. Such an amazing weekend, and the actual race day was such a fun day. Who knew that watching people smile through the pain of swimming 2.4 miles, biking 112 miles and running 26.2 miles (yes a FULL marathon!) could be soo enjoyable?

The day started EARLY for the racers, and for us…but we weren’t the ones competing. The race started off with the swim, which Meg ROCKED! Sarah and I had positioned ourselves right in front of Megs bike at the transition point, but in all the excitement and the shuffle we didn’t even see her. Sad times, but the rest of our Meg moments made up for it! She then powered out the 112 mile bike ride after a few too many bathroom breaks =), and kicked butt at the MARATHON!

Seriously though, as we saw all of our friends race past us, we all thought umm…I am NEVER doing this, or maybe that was just me! A few of my favorite race comments…"umm Brian made this look easy …this is SOOO hard!" And one of my favorites…this was Ben’s reply to my comment about him being almost done (keep in mind he had completed only half of his marathon, and to me he WAS almost done, but for him he still had a half marathon left to run!)...I said, "C'mon Ben..you are almost done! you can do it..it's soo close!"...meanwhile ben turned to the guy running beside him and said, loud enough for me to hear, "She has NO idea!!" and then I replied by saying.."he is right..i have NO idea!!"


It has been such a journey for all of them getting to this point…soo many hours of training, so many sacrifices, but what an amazing accomplishment! Plus Meg raised nearly $6,000 for Uganda Village Project...so not of it was done in vain..love that girl!

Also...I couldn't finish this post without posting some pictures of the cheerleaders!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...