September 15, 2010

Recent Ponderings.


I am restless...

I live for the next vacation...for the next exit moment...

I love reading random blogs about traveling, photography and design...

I love living vicariously through other people when I don't have any other choice...

Found this quote on a blog today..."the world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page" and then I thought, "Gosh isn't that the truth??"

I have been extremely blessed to have traveled as extensively as I have. However, I find that a simple taste of a world beyond my own only leaves me yearning for more. And I don't just want a taste...I want a FEAST!

I want Peter and I to pack up our lives and our bags and travel around the world for a full year...but when I mention this AMAZING idea to my husband, he kindly reminds me that we currently find ourselves on a Citizenship journey, whereby he can't be out of the United States for more than six months. Hmmm...while I type this, I think well can't we do a round the world trip in six months and maybe just make it like a half around the world trip?

So while I ponder this idea and the idea of a new job ...i stalk all sorts of people, and I fell across a blog...i don't even know these people, but I do know that they have done what I would someday love to do! They spent the past year traveling around the world. They visited countless countries, drank countless beers, rode countless trains, planes, and automobiles. I don't even know them, but i do know that they have inspired me and left me with a deep yearning to truly travel the world. And on that same note, I do have people in my real life who inspire me by traveling the world and sharing with me their joyful and tragic stories of those within this world. They not only inspire me but they also spur me on to be true to my hearts desires

SO think...is there someone in your life that inspires you? and if your answer is yes...then don't waste any time and tell them. We all need people in our lives that inspire us...and I think too we all long to be an inspiration to those around us!

1 comment:

  1. First: I'm a stalker - obviously - or I would never have read your blog.

    Second: If there was a "like" option, I would have clicked it.

    Third: I am totally with you on the desire to drop everything and just travel around the world. I'm always thinking about the next trip or the next adventure and everyone keeps telling me that now is the time to do it - before kids become a part of the picture. So I say go for it! You could do and see so much in 6 months. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...