December 3, 2010

Babies.


So Peter and I really love movies…thus we watch a lot of movies together! The most recent one was a little film called Babies. My sister had told me awhile ago that she had started it…realized there wasn't any talking and stopped it halfway. And as I type this, I am realizing that I still don't know if she ever got around to finishing it.

Well this movie, Babies, showed up at the library and was ready for pickup! My beloved Peter was so kind to pick up the DVD for me, and after seeing the title and the cover he kindly informed me that he would NOT be watching this one with me.

So I started the film without him. And figured I could watch it while I was baking cupcakes and tidying up our apartment considering there aren't any WORDS! So the film follows the lives of 4 babies…one in Namibia, another in Mongolia, Tokyo, and and the United States. The film opens in Namibia with these two little naked African babies pounding on some stones and the scene is pretty priceless..and I thought to myself GOSH I have to show this to Peter. And then later on in the film there is another scene where the baby is falling asleep while sitting up. And I thought gosh I have to show Peter THIS scene too.

So I was all excited to show him the parts in the film I thought he would find amusing!…and let me tell you that he found them so amusing that he decided he wanted to see the film from start to finish.

So that's what I find myself doing on a Wednesday night…watching a bunch of babies crawl around naked, wet themselves, poop on their moms, play with toilet paper and each other, and cry their eyes out!

2 comments:

  1. I loved Babies!

    It was so stinkin' beautiful to watch. Every scene I wanted hanging on my wall.

    And it was so hilarious. I loved the Monogolian siblings. So funny. When the older boy wheels the baby out into the pasture with the cows? oh. my. word. so funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter cracks me up....just so he knows, Erik actually went with me to the "private screening" of this film...and he liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...