December 8, 2010

A Christmas Letter.


Who would have thought that doing a christmas letter would be so hard?? NOT ME!! Well Peter has been diligently working on our letter for over a week now. I thought it would be fun to write a Christmas letter instead of just sending out a little card with our photo on it. Don't get me wrong...I love the little card with photos. So please send us one because I absolutely love getting mail. But I also love the letters! Truly there isn't anything more satisfying than receiving a little Christmas something in the mail whether it be a full blown letter or a little card with pictures. I love reading about the happenings in other people's lives and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I mean I guess I could just stalk people on facebook for information about their lives, but I guess I prefer the old fashioned route.

So we figured we would save people the facebook trouble and send out a letter this year! I should probably mention that both Peter and I LOVE to write...so I thought it would be fun if I wrote one bit and he wrote another. He vetoed that idea saying it would be too confusing for people, and he was probably right. So then I thought well why don't we just write the letter together...I mean literally word for word together, and he vetoed that idea saying it would be too complicated, and he was right again. So we decided Peter would take the reigns on this one, but BOY did I have an extremely difficult time handing it over!

So each day for the past week Peter would bring the letter home, and I would tear it to bits! Terrible right?? I mean the first one he brought home was a great start to a great letter, and I was harder on Peter than I probably should have been or would have been had it been anyone else. But this man is a GREAT writer and I wanted the letter to reflect that...so hence the hardness and hence the tearing to bits. After many disagreements, discussions and a full week of letter attempts, Peter laid the finished letter in my hands! And people...I sure hope the Seattle Drennan's have not set the bar too high for their first letter!

Anyhow, here's to Christmas letters and Christmas cards and the simple pleasure of receiving them!! Even though we will be gone in Ireland for a month doesn't mean our mailbox needs to feel neglected!! Much love to all of your during this holiday season.

1 comment:

  1. We LOVED getting your letter! So good to see on paper what life has looked like for you guys this year. We miss you ... hope you are having a GREAT time across the pond.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...