December 31, 2010

Quote.

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman


After reading this quote, you can't help but begin to ponder all those things that make you come alive.  So what is it for you?? What makes you come alive? and are you doing it?  Living it? Talking about it?  It can be so many different things for so many different people can't it?


For me.
  • Traveling, Seeing new places, meeting new people, learning about a new culture, asking questions - all these things make me come alive
  • learning about the history of a place and why things are the way they are makes me come alive
  • hearing peoples stories and talking about Jesus and injustice makes me come alive
  • reading, studying, laughter, food, friends, family make me come alive
And I could go on...but I won't.  But do think about it will you? Take time to think about what it is that makes you come alive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...