January 1, 2011

Granny.

So I know I have recently written about my own grandma, but since we have been in Belfast we have visited both sets of Peter's grandparents.  Gillians parents, Cecil and June are both still alive and they actually live in a home on their own, while Jacks father passed away years ago.  But his mother, Sarah, aka granny, the one pictured, is going strong.

We spent a few hours with her last week.  She was soo happy to see us and said she kept looking out the window, awaiting our arrival.  She fed us up really good and I couldn't turn down a single thing …not even the salmon and butter sandwiches she made.  I mean she spent time making them...so you tell me how a girl is to turn her down??  She kept stuffing things into my face, well not literally, but I kept stuffing things into my face because I didn't want to leave too many things on the tray.  And then to top it all off she sent us away with loads of little gifts and cards for Christmas.

After leaving that place I turned to Mark, Peter and Jack and just said, "Gosh she is the sweetest thing and everything I would imagine a Granny to be."  I mean she is the epitome of what a granny should be right?? …and she would play the perfect part in a movie.  I mean isn't she the cutest?  And she was such a trooper with our endless photo shoot. Here is another one from our shoot!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...