January 16, 2011

Home.


So Peter and I have been home for nearly a week now!  Our journey home was LONG …soooo very LOOOONNNNGGGG!  We flew from Dublin to Amsterdam - Amsterdam to Minneapolis - Minneapolis to Seattle.  We left Dublin at like 9 AM, so 1 AM Seattle time and arrived at our doorstep in Northgate at 12:45 AM the NEXT day.  We were going on hardly any sleep and were sooo eager to be HOME!  It felt soo good to finally step foot into our apartment and lay out heads on our pillows after such a long journey.  

It is good to be home - even though we have been waking up REALLY early.  We had time to go look at some houses, workout in the AM, and I even had time to bake all sorts of things before the sun came up!

It is good to see friends.  It is good to see family.  It is good to be home - to be back in Seattle.  But when I put on one of my new scarves or wear my new shirt - or when I see snow or wear my big, warm boots - my mind goes back to Ireland - to memories, to laughter, to family.  And I think of Peter and all that he is sacrificing to be with me in Seattle.  And I am so very thankful!!

I can't believe we have nearly been home for a week, and I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since I last posted.  I have all these posts that I have yet to finish - so hopefully I will have time to put the finishing touches on some of them over the next few days.   So check back soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...