February 23, 2011

Baked Goods.

So I baked a TON of things for Peter to munch on when he got home from the Dominican Republic - a quiche, blueberry muffins and banana bread.  I baked his usual breakfast quiche with eggs, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cheese, sausage, and this time I put cottage cheese in it.  And I say USUAL because I have been making them for over a month now.  My husband was eating so many egg scrambles and it was taking him SOO long to get ready in the morning simply because of his breakfast routine.  And he was flying through the eggs so fast - so I decided I was going to make a quiche for him to eat each morning for the entire week.  I bake them on Sundays and then all he has to do is heat them up in the morning!  

So that's the quiche.  And then we had some blueberries in the freezer thought I wanted to use - so I baked blueberry muffins.  But the problem with those was that I only preheated the oven to 350 instead of 400 so I don't think they turned out the way they are suppose to!  So then I thought I would use those nasty, mushy, frozen bananas we had in the freezer to make something glorious, and glorious it is!  I used my usual banana bread recipe, and added extra cinnamon and vanilla and then sprinkled oats and brown sugar on the top.  I think next time I might add butter and flour to the top ingredients to make it all stick better to the top!  But I love baking and I love the creativity of it all, and I really love that my husband eats anything I put in front of him and always declares it delicious even if I think it is horrible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...