February 23, 2011

Kite Flying.

                                         
So what do you do on a Saturday afternoon when the weather is beautiful but crisp and soooo very windy??  Well I am so glad you ask... Well you go to the beach and fly kites!  I must give credit where credit is due and mention that this was Peter's brilliant idea and let me tell you I was completely up for it!  So we drove to Carkeek Park and ventured down to the beach.  And while we were venturing down I seriously tripped over a bump in the road and hit the pavement HARD before I could even say "YAY ...so glad we are here!"  But thank goodness I was ready for the cold and extremely bundled up with gloves on my hands and a big hat on my head.  So my leg and my knee were the only ones that took the true beating, but I didn't let that get me down because one - i love the beach and two - i love flying kites!!



It was soo very windy and we had a pretty difficult time keeping up with our kite which nearly knocked a few people out!  But it was glorious and I was laughing like a little child.  But truly have you ever flown a kite??  You should because it is soo fun!  Our dear friend Richard bought us this kite when we were in Long Beach a few years ago and we have definitely put it to good use!  I love the way the wind catches the kite with each turn and I love the sound of the kite catching the wind.  You should try it!  Peter and I would be more than happy to loan our kite to you for an afternoon of giggling and kite flying.


And to top it all off - we even stayed long enough to watch the sunset!!  And I love sunsets!!  Peter was feeling really cold by that time and so ready to go and the picture below depicts our feelings at that moment...can you tell I wasn't quite ready to leave??  But it was a wonderful time and I am so glad Peter is home!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...