April 25, 2011

Dog Sitting.


So Peter and I have been dog sitting for a lovely beagle named Fred.  It is definitely not our first time watching him and it probably won't be our last!   By now we are fairly familiar with his love for food, his phenomenal sense of smell, and his intense curiosity.

We love Fred, but I must say dog sitting is a beautiful reminder of what it would actually be like if we had a dog full time.  And to be honest - I am not ready!  But I do love watching him run around the yard, and I love throwing the ball with him, and I really loved watching him play with my friend's dog yesterday.  But I don't I love how his little paws leave dirt ALL over the house - on the floor, sofa, chairs, etc - or how he scratches and barks at the door to be let in - or how he licks the plates in the dishwasher.  And I especially dislike how he hovers around the dinner table in hopes of receiving a small morsel.

And Peter just informed me that beagles can become destructive if not sufficiently entertained.  Well let's just say we learned this the hard way and I wish we would have thought about this BEFORE going to church this morning!  We left Fred inside the house while we were away - and it certainly wasn't a stupid idea considering it had been rather successful before!  But this time was different - and this time he was certainly not sufficiently entertained and Peter's cry as he peered into the kitchen upon entering the house certainly left it's mark on me.

GARBAGE WAS EVERYWHERE!!!  

Thank God it didn't actually look like this!!
The bin, the bag and all the contents that were once inside the bag were strewn all over the kitchen floor and some garbage remnants had even made their way into the living room.  I should also mention that the garbage can was fairly FULL.  And I really wish I would have gotten a picture of the kitchen...maybe next time - if there is a next time!

Gosh just writing about all this makes me smile because it made for a great story today and Peter was so good and gracious with the chaos and went straight into cleaning it up.  Fred goes home tonight and to be honest he will most certainly be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...