April 5, 2011

Projects.

So as many of you know I love being busy...having things to do, people to see, projects to complete, but I only love being busy when I CHOOSE to be!  And now that we own a house we will ALWAYS have projects and we will always have things to do, and I can't help but think I didn't CHOOSE this!  

But the reality is...I DID choose this.  We both made the executive decision to BUY a house and with that house came all sorts of projects - demolishing a side shed, yard work, gardening (planting veggies, flowers, etc), creating a garden, painting things, refinishing possible furniture, organizing the garage, getting rid of the NASTY garbage and poop the previous owner left behind.  The reality is...there will ALWAYS be projects, and a time must come where I find joy in these said projects or else Peter will be out there all on his own and I won't be able to take credit for anything!  And I don't want THAT!

So Saturday morning we woke up early and did some projects around the house - hung up some things and Peter demolished a shed and Sunday afternoon we went to Target, purchased some garden items, dug up the yard - preparing the area for a garden - and planted some things in little starter pots, which I will be checking DAILY to see if there is any progress!  

Everything was great and fun - I mean I love Target and I love buying things for our house, but then Peter asked me to come out into the yard to help him...and I was hesitant.  I mean I don't really DO yard work, or rather I haven't done yard work in YEARS.  What is a girl to wear?  I mean I had my garden gloves that we purchased at Target in the $1 section, and I had some old shoes that I was going to take to the goodwill.  So basically I am a yard work novice in soo many ways and my husband is the expert - and he has soo many things to teach me and I am anxious to learn.  And I can now honestly say that I  looking forward to the years ahead - years full of yard work and edible, garden creations.  

my strong man demolishing the shed in the rain!

yeah real fun!
the start of our garden.



nearly finished!

cool biodegradable containers!
some of the goods!

finished product - mostly zucchini and squash!
the daisies and sunflowers are in the pots!
will update on the progress of everything.
can't WAIT for things to start growing!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...