April 4, 2011

Running.

So I went for a run today!  And as I was about to leave for this said run I realized that my Ipod shuffle wasn't turning on, thus a dead battery.  So I opened up the trunk of my car and plugged said shuffle into my computer for a total of 3 minutes, figured I could get at least a few songs out of it right?  But you know it's not a good thing when you turn it on and the first thing the ipod man tells you is that your battery is low.  But like I said - I figured I could get some music out of it.
So I left with my shuffle and car key in hand and assumed that I would listen to about 4 songs and then turn around.  My plan was to figure out how far I had gone by the number of songs I had listened to - the plan was that my shuffle was going to be my time piece considering I didn't bring my phone or a watch.  
But tell me...what's a girl to do when the 3 minute charged shuffle dies 3 songs in?  Well turn around of course and run home...I had somewhere to be by 530 and I had left around 5.  But let me tell you it hurt  running home and it was hard and I probably only ran 3 miles if that!  And I would have loved my music to motivate me, but the sharp, cold wind running through my shirt, the rain on my eyelashes, and the soggy pants were reason enough to move me forward.  
And yes, I missed the music, but without the music you get to hear the happenings in real life - like the sound of cars swooshing through the puddles, the cyclists blazing past, the little voices saying on your left, the sound of bike bells and the sound of my own panting!  Oh such beautiful sounds and thank goodness my battery died or else these are the sounds I would have missed out on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...