May 13, 2011

Another Interview.

So I had another interview on Monday.  This one was WAY different than this one.  And I am just now realizing that I never even wrote about the last interview, but obviously I wasn't all that excited about it!

So as I said I had an interview on Monday.  I was anxious and slightly nervous and the nerves certainly didn't help the fact that I was running late.  I mean it's always good to show up early for an interview right??  Well for some reason I am in the habit of showing up RIGHT on time!  I always vow that I will leave with plenty of time, but I am always doing things up until the very last minute.  And two of my past interviews have been right after work.  So I always feel like I am rushing, rushing, rushing, which like I said doesn't really help with the nerves.

But the good thing is that the nerves and the anxiety only last from the time I step into the car to the time I step through the door.  So this interview was in Shoreline at the CRISTA campus - the job would be working with CRISTA ministries as the Admissions Coordinator for King's Schools.  And if you don't know anything about CRISTA ministries - then check out the website.  They have numerous ministries ranging from retirement homes, camps, schools, a radio station (spirit 105.3), World Concern, an urban academy, and veterinary missions.

So I showed up right on time and then waited a few minutes before the interviewer came to grab me.  But as I waited, I read all the little ministry blurbs on the wall...and I couldn't control the excitement that was welling up within me.  I even struck up a conversation with the woman at reception...asking her how long she had been working there, etc, etc.  And by the time the woman came to get me, I felt ready, somewhat prepared and completely at peace.

The interview itself lasted nearly 45 minutes, and I walked out of there with the biggest smile on my face!  I would love to work for CRISTA ministries whether that's as the Admissions Coordinator for King's School or as the Donor Services Administrative Assistant with World Concern (another position I applied for).  It would be a ministry that I could stand firmly behind and fully believe in, and ultimately that is all I want for my next job.

As tired as I am of the whole job application, interview process...I am starting to find true joy within each experience.  Because with each interview, I discover something new about myself.  With each interview, I become more and more confidant in my skills, my goals and my abilities.  With each interview, I am reminded of how far I have come and how much farther I would like to go.  And with each interview, my faith is affirmed in the Lord.

And I am left with a huge sense of anticipation and excitement...anticipation for the next step, and excitement for the next journey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...