May 19, 2011

this morning.

So this morning I woke up and sat in front of my computer for a good 30 minutes trying to get a good Internet signal.  We don't pay for it ...but we can get connected occasionally through netgear or our kind neighbors, but this morning was not one of those moments.  So I sat staring at the blog page, as it attempted to open, wondering what I should write about today! 

Well I stared for FAR too long and not a single thing came to me...I thought gosh am I that boring??  Maybe I need to go out and have an adventure so then I'll have something to write about.

So I went exploring with my running shoes on and my shuffle in hand...and to top it ALL off Peter loaned me his cool Garmin watch on one condition - that I would get outside and USE it!  It tracks your mileage, your time, and your calories...and just makes the overall running experience much more enjoyable (or so I think!!), but who doesn't love knowing their mileage...knowing when they have reached their goal...knowing when they can STOP!  I sure know I do!

I haven't been running in weeks - felt like months today.  I was struggling, but it was one of the first times I have ran around my neighborhood, and I was determined to see as much as I could in the time that I was out there.  So I ran down the street and turned down another street...attempting to get myself a little lost, which is never the best idea with me, but figured the whole experience would be pretty foolproof considering all the roads and everything are marked and I know where I live.  So I knew I would be able to make it back to the house eventually regardless of the route that I took leaving the house!

So I take off - feet pounding hard on the hot pavement and my hurt beating hard against my chest.  And it is all glorious.  I am loving looking at all the homes and inspecting their yards, while getting ideas for our own.  I pass a sign that says Welcome to Lake Forest Park and a police officer passes me by ...keep on running...start gravitating toward the water, which ultimately has me going DOWN hill.  Lots of hills.  And I love running down hills, but coming up them - not my favorite thing AT ALL!  And I literally said out loud to myself, "you are going to hate yourself later!", and I did, but I just couldn't stop.  One hill after another ...after another.  It was like the water was a magnet for my legs and for my soul and it was pulling me closer and closer with each stride. 

So the police officer passes by again...this time he waves and I wave back.  Seems as if we are chasing each other around the neighborhood, but he was going a whole lot faster than I was!  And then my hair tie broke - it literally flew out of my hair, and I panicked.  I mean who wants to run with their hair down??  I always see people at Greenlake running with their hair freely flying in the wind and I'm always glad that it's not me.  I hate having my hair on my back, let alone on my neck when I run.  So when the hair tie broke, I was devastated, especially since it truly is the only one I own!  So I searched for it in the grass and just wrapped it around my hair a few times and then knotted it and it worked! 

So then I carried on running back uphill...and somewhere in there I stopped and started to walk.  Walked by the cemetery and literally thought to myself...gosh I am so glad I am alive today and not dead!  Morbid thought I know??  But it is good to put things into perspective is it not?

And before I knew it I was back at my house...taking the shirt off and putting my garden gloves on so that I could do a little bit of weeding and some other yard workie things before going inside to make myself a little presentable for work.

And that was my morning...what did you do with yourself on this fine morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...