May 2, 2011

Yard Work.

This weekend was filled with all sorts of yard projects!  Don't ask my husband what needs to be done around the yard unless you want to listen to him for five minutes.  This man has a vision and every nice day that we have gets him a little closer to that vision!

Sometimes I want to curse this nice weather simply because it means something different now that we have a house...it means another beautiful day to work in the yard!  After church on Sunday we came straight home and we were outside for about 5 hours straight - with a break in there for lunch.  But on our way home I said to Peter...gosh I wish we could have a picnic or go for a walk or even a bike ride or something...do we have to do yard work?? and my husband kindly replied with the biggest grin on his face...c'mon it will be FUN!!

yard work ..fun??  I have never heard of such a thing, but perhaps that's because I never ever grew up doing yard work...I barely know how to use a shovel...or how to distinguish a weed from the real deal.  But I am learning...and I am eager to learn.  I want to have a green thumb, but my entire life I have had an orange one....but I am making progress on this greenness considering I have kept three indoor plants alive for over a year now!  Now THAT IS what I call progress!

And we even planted our little seedlings on Sunday.  They have officially graduated to the real world!  Hope they can survive the storm and the unpredictable weather patterns.  I will be checking their progress daily just to ensure their survival...I mean a girl wants her zucchini and squash plants to flourish!



The best part about it all was that we could plant those little pots directly into the ground!

And I am learning to love yard work simply because I love the before and after shots.
The right side is the before the weeding and the raking of the rocks and the left side is the after shot!
Before it all.
After.
Look at that edging!
our garden.  Peter is in the process of finishing off the boundaries.


Our HUGE yard!  The majority of our lot is YARD considering our house is 770 sf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...