June 15, 2011

Adele.

So she's from England and she's only 23.  And I don't know what it is about her...but I love her.  And according to Wikipedia, she won the awards for Best New Artist and Best Female Pop Vocal at the 2009 Grammy Awards.  Little did I know!

I'm sure all of her songs are great, but I certainly have a few favorites - Someone like You and Rolling in the Deep.  I posted videos for both songs below if you want to have a listen, but I think you may have to watch some silly advertisement before you get to any singing!

This song Someone Like you plays over and over on the Satellite radio at work, and every single time it plays I am reminded of how much I love this song!  But it's funny - every time it plays I forget who sings it and have to check the little box to figure out the artists name.  I don't know why I have such a hard time associating Adele with this song.  Maybe it's because the melody of this song takes me for a ride down memory lane? And in a single instant I am taken back to the relationships that have come and gone...to the pain that has past...to the wounds that were so very real and oh so deep...to the heart that is now healed.

So have a listen...and then tell me where it takes you?


Maybe I have such a hard time remembering that Adele sings this song simply because the lyrics take me to another place.  I love the lyrics - so I figured I would post them here for all to read...

I heard that you're settled down,
That you found a girl and you're married now,
I heard that your dreams came true,
Guess she gave you things I didn't give to you,
Old friend, why are you so shy?
Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light,


I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited,
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it,
I had hoped you'd see my face,
And that you'd be reminded that for me it isn't over,

Nevermind, I'll find someone like you,
I wish nothing but the best for you, too,
Don't forget me, I beg,
I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love,
But sometimes it hurts instead,"
Sometimes it lasts in love,
But sometimes it hurts instead, yeah,

You know how the time flies,
Only yesterday was the time of our lives,
We were born and raised in a summer haze,
Bound by the surprise of our glory days,

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited,
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it,
I had hoped you'd see my face,
And that you'd be reminded that for me it isn't over, 

Nevermind, I'll find someone like you,
I wish nothing but the best for you, too,
Don't forget me, I beg,
I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love,
But sometimes it hurts instead,"

Nothing compares,
No worries or cares,
Regrets and mistakes, they're memories made,
Who would have known how bittersweet this would taste?


I love the chorus..."Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead."  Gosh isn't that the truth?  The reality is sometimes it DOES last in love, but what happens when it doesn't?  It just plain hurts.  But you have to take a chance and take a risk in order to even find out of it will last.  And it's scary, really scary, especially if you have been hurt before. But in those beautiful moments of fear...you begin to remember that your heart has the capacity to heal just as it did all those times before! And you begin to fall...deeper and deeper in love. And there is nothing more beautiful than love that lasts.

Obviously you can tell that I have a favorite song...but I wanted to post this one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...