June 21, 2011

The Journey.

So over the past few years I have had the beautiful privilege of watching many of my friends fall in love, say 'yes' ...then 'I do', and then walk out into the sunset and the beautiful bliss that is marriage.  Well this may not be the case for everyone, but it seems to be the pattern in my life at least.

But what I haven't had the beautiful privilege of witnessing with many of them...YET... is the journey through having a baby.  And what a journey it is.  It first begins when they start TALKING kids really, and then arrives the timeline as to when they are going to pull the goalie (peter loves that term) and really start trying. And then come the aches and pains of failed attempts, and possibly even miscarriages.  And then comes the joy of the second trimester...and then the third...and then before they know it baby is no longer in belly but in their hands!

So my dear friends Chris and Jennie are the first ones to venture into the stage called parenthood.  I met Jennie gosh...when I was 22?  We lived together my final year at UW, and I knew straight away I was going to love this girl!  I have walked alongside her through her move to Seattle, her first nursing job, a few random boyfriends which just weren't quite right considering she was waiting for Prince Charming (Chris), and she even came to visit me when I was studying abroad in Mexico, and what a time we had!

Us in Mexico.
And then she met him...at work of course!  And they were married in April 2009, and what a beautiful wedding it was!


And then 1.5 years later they started talking babies and they were going to give it a go.  And in October 2010 they announced they were expecting!  Exciting huh??  I know I was excited!  I loved seeing her in all the different stages, and I loved celebrating her and the baby.
I think she was about 7 months here- this was at the baby shower!
She was about 7.5 here - this was for Bekah's birthday breakfast!
So her due date was set for sometime around the 4th of July...but little baby girl had other plans.  I saw Jennie last Wednesday and her water broke the next day!  It must have been all that belly stroking and baby coaxing from the night before that did it!  Little Annorah decided it was time to leave the comfort of her little cave within Jen's belly and cross to the other side. 

And Annorah Isabelle Damman arrived on June 16th at 9:06 PM.  Jennie was a rockstar and I have never seen such a beautiful newborn nor such a beautiful new mom.  I mean the woman had just given birth like less than 24 hours ago and she was in labor for 30 hours before that, yet somehow she was radiant and so beautiful.  And then that baby...well you know how newborns kind of look funny - all wrinkly and alienlike - well not this baby.  This baby is beautiful with her bright red lips and her little features and she is teeny tiny!

Anyhow, I could go on and on ...and on, but I won't.  But I must say that it has been such a beautiful blessing to walk alongside Chris and Jennie through another stage in their life...and I am excited to experience this journey through pregnancy and parenthood with all the rest of those near and dear to my heart!

Congrats Chris and Jennie - she is beautiful!  And watch out world ...Annorah Damman is on the loose!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post, Malia! Can't wait to meet baby Annorah and see you girls on Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...