July 11, 2011

And don't be wishing...


And don’t be wishing you were someplace else or with someone else. Where you are right now is God’s place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there.
1 Corinthians 7:17a

Found this over on a friend's blog and I knew I was going to have to write about it.  I haven't written on the blog in days and I think it's because there are so many things floating around in my head and I can't seem to find the time to write them on the blog.  So instead - I have been filling sheet after sheet of paper with all of these random thoughts.

But one of my biggest thoughts lately is that I just might wish my life away.  I wish I had a different job...I wish the waiting game was over...I wish I lived somewhere else...I wish I didn't have to be so patient all the time...I wish I was more joyful...I wish I was more selfless...I wish I was a stronger Christian...I wish we lived closer to Peter's family...I wish I volunteered more...I wish...I wish...I wish.

And sometimes, amidst all this wishing, I forget that where I am right now is God's place for me.  And I should learn how to love, serve, and simply live right where I am.  

So rather than wait for said wishes to be fulfilled, I am going to start living, obeying, loving and believing right where I am.  And...I think I will start today...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...