July 25, 2011

Another job.

So I spent the majority of my Sunday morning applying for a few more jobs - at Seattle Biomed and World Relief.  And don't get me wrong, I would be ecstatic to work for Seattle Biomed, but it was the World Relief application that really tore at my heart's strings today.  And it was the cover letter that truly did me in.

I found myself sitting there in front of the computer screen for FAR longer than I should have simply trying to put my heart's passions into words.  It was tough - really tough.  How was I to convey my passion for those who are marginalized, disadvantaged, and simply vulnerable?  How was I suppose to demonstrate this passion through words without saying the same thing over and over and over again?

And I found myself going back to some of the videos that I made for my graduate program.  I never did find the one I was really looking for.  But it was in this one that my little voice over stated that the Lord had called me to be advocate - for the brokenhearted, for the weary, for the vulnerable, for the marginalized.

I wanted to remember this call.  I wanted to hear my own voice declaring it, putting it out there on the table for all those ears to hear.  And as I sat there searching for said video and sitting within this thought of advocacy, I just started crying.  This call is so heavy upon my heart and I simply don't know what to do with it anymore.  I long for the misunderstood to be understood.  I long for the unheard to be heard.  I long for people to be SEEN rather than ignored.  And I long to fulfill these longings within my job.

Some say that a job is just a job, and it doesn't have to be something that you necessarily enjoy or are extremely passionate about, but I have to disagree with this thought!  I have been working at a job that is just a job.  It pays the bills, barely, and the people are simply delightful, but the passion ends there.

And I realized that this job with World Relief isn't just another job - it is my heart and my passions all wrapped up into one position.

So today, I find myself grateful and thankful that jobs actually exist that I deem worthy of applying for.  And today, I find myself encouraged by the organizations and the people within them that are making a difference in this world.

And ...this encouragement will carry me through a few more applications because the job search continues.  








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...