September 23, 2011

Beautiful Things.

Last Friday morning, Peter woke up frazzled and slightly panicked, thus, I too, woke up frazzled and slightly panicked.  See...it was 6:07 AM and Peter was suppose to be downtown and eating breakfast at 6 AM. 

The alarm had been set and it had gone off, but my darling husband loves that snooze button, and he must have kept hitting it, thus the late wake up time!  Peter sprung out of bed, clumsily slipped some clothes on his body, and ran out the door - all in a slight panic.

I don't know ANYONE who likes waking up later than they are scheduled to, but I do know that Peter doesn't handle these sorts of things well and neither do I, which makes for a terrible combination and a disastrous morning.  So Peter left the house in a rush, and I was slightly frazzled because he had left his bag behind and he wasn't going to be returning to the house till later that evening. Anyhow, we were both short with each other, slightly rude, and extremely impatient.

And a few minutes after he departed the driveway and after we both had time to settle down, Peter called to apologize..."I'm so sorry! I just hate starting my morning off like that." My response..."I'm sorry too! and I totally get it because I too hate starting my morning off like that!"  And we both agreed that maybe I should be the one to set the alarm from here on out because I, unlike Peter, abhor that snooze for reasons such as this.
 
So we sang this song, Beautiful Things, at church this past Sunday, and as I was listening to the lyrics, I just kept thinking that Christ does make beautiful things out of us!  My marriage, in all it's messiness and ugliness, is made beautiful because of Him.  The repentance, the forgiveness, the redemption, the grace that surrounds moments such as the one mentioned above is all made beautiful because of Him.  And for that I am so thankful!
 
 Beautiful Things by Gungor.


I love these lyrics, but my favorite part is the chorus...

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...