September 4, 2012

Some BIG news!




I have been truly waiting for this day to come as I have just been DYING to make the announcement and my husband officially gave me the go ahead to spread the baby news!  I suppose my pestering paid off!  I must admit I have been having some severe writing withdrawals and I think the husband was starting to feel sorry for me - bless that man!

It's been so hard to keep quiet about our baby news - I think that was the worst part of the first trimester!  And let's be honest, I hate secrets - so it was exceptionally hard for me.  I wanted to tell everyone, and my husband kept reigning me in.  I have been dying to share my thoughts on pregnancy thus far - the joys, the tears, the hormones.  It's truly overwhelming at times and still feels completely surreal that God is growing our baby in my belly!!

Baby Drennan (also known as Little Buddy or LB as his dad likes to call him) is a little over 16 weeks and about the size of an avocado. I have had all sorts of cravings and all sorts of aversions.  Just thinking about the smell of bacon cooking makes me feel a little queasy.  And I have gone out of my way to pick up sandwiches from one of my favorite spots - took me over an hour round trip.  And I have waited at the grocery store for at least 30 minutes for chicken tenders and potato wedges.  And I even stopped at Burger King for a milkshake and french fries (let's just say that is NOT normal for me! Couldn't remember the last time those types of things grazed my lips and oh it tasted so very good!).

I have been feeling great though, which I hear I should be grateful for!  I even went for a 3 mile run yesterday - small accomplishments such as that one make me smile.

We have already had 3 ultrasounds - 2 courtesy of my mom who is an ultrasound tech.  And baby is looking great!  I'm finally getting some of my energy back, but still feeling way more tired than I normally did pre-pregnancy.

I have so much to share...but I will wait for another day and another post.

xoxo,

Malia, Peter and Little Buddy

3 comments:

  1. aww that is the BEST news and I am seriously having crazy baby fever so this makes me jealous of you at the same time! congrats and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! That is so great that you have been feeling good. God is good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...