February 1, 2013

DIY Chalkboard Frame.

I finally made my chalkboard frame!!  I have been talking about this project for AGES now.  I had a frame with broken glass, which was of no use to me, and I have been wanting to do something with the frame for over a year now. 

And now that chalkboard frames are all the rage, I decided I wanted one for my own home.  And I decided I want one for LB's little room.  I envision Peter and I writing little private messages to him on that frame, like bible verses or little notes.  However, he won't be able to read for quite some time - so I suppose the messages are more for Peter and I!

So the first thing I did was buy some chalkboard paint at Lowe's.  You can use paint or chalkboard contact paper which you can get at any craft or home improvement store.  So I borrowed some drywall from some dear friends that are in the process of remodeling bits of their home, and we cut it out to fit the fame.  And covered it with chalkboard paint.


And then we seasoned the board with the flat side of the white chalk and it looked a little something like this!


And then we wiped that chalk off with a wet cloth, and my dear friend Mary was kind enough to let us borrow her chalk board pens, and Peter got to work!  Let's be honest, Peter loves this kind of stuff, so I was more than happy to let him take charge.


And the finished product...what do you think??  We decided to get rid of the little star, but even after alot of scrubbing, as you can see, we weren't able to get rid of it completely.  Maybe next time?


Jack we LOVE YOU!!  And we are so glad you are home, even though your parents are extremely sleep deprived.  It's all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...