January 22, 2013

It's the Little Things.

There are so many things I want to share with you all this week!  And I have all sorts of photos to accompany my thoughts thanks to my new phone.  

Meals galore - we have been so blessed by some delicious meals from friends.  It has truly been such a blessing to not have to cook up anything after a late night at the hospital.  This past week we had enchiladas, chili, some more chili, veggie rolls, fried rice, and pot roast with green beans, rice and rolls that arrived in a box!  Have you ever heard of mealstork?  I know I sure hadn't!  Check out this video to see how it all works.  You can pick out the items and the date and time it's sent and the food arrives frozen in a box.



And on a different note, I had a Dr's. appointment last week and the Dr. gave me the go ahead to drive!!  Oh the Independence - I was set free, and my husband was thankful he didn't have to be my chauffeur anymore.  What did I do with said independence you might ask?  Well I went and ran errands of course!  And yes, I took a photo of me in the driver's seat to mark this monumental moment.  But, don't worry - the light was red!


And guess what?  I was gone for 3 hours, and the husband started to worry!  So what did I do in those 3 hours you might ask?

Well, I went to Marshalls to buy some baskets for a shelf in the baby's room, and after being there for FAR too long, and consulting my husband by sending him photos of my options, I finally landed on these ones.


Then, I went to Michaels to buy frames for the printables (how cute are the printables!!!) and some other items that I'm actually going to return!  And I was there for FAR too long as well, and yes, I sent pictures of various frame options to Peter, but I decided this one on my own actually.



I went to Joann's to get fabric of course and an embroidery hoop for my mobile, along with some elastic for the soon to be mini crib sheets.  Depending on how easy they are, maybe I could make a few myself rather than passing the tasks off to friends.  But that just might be wishful thinking!



And I wanted to go to Babies "R" Us to spend a gift certificate that I was given, but I ran out of time!

Little did the Dr. know that when he said I could drive he was creating a monster...haha!!  I'm sure the husband was rather relieved that he didn't have to accompany me.

And some other little things from the past week...

Our sweet, sweet baby!  He is so sweet, and each day he is getting closer to coming home with us!  We love spending time with him and can't wait for the day to come when we don't have to say goodbye to him at night.



And a few other little things that made me really happy this week...watching Sunday's sermon from our bed, LB's finished mobile for his little room (Thanks so much Mary for helping me with this!!), and the completed chalkboard frame with an extra special message from the parents (Thanks Peter for helping me with this!).  His little room is getting closer to being ready for a baby!



Hope you all had a great week and can't wait to share more with you next week!  And maybe baby will be home with us??  I don't think that's too much to ask for - in fact, I think it's extremely likely!

Blessings to you all,

Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...