February 27, 2013

The Little Things.

What a good morning this has been!  As I type this, our little snuggler is snoring away on a pillow next to me, with his head nestled underneath a blanket, and every few moments he grunts and stretches his arms out, and when he's not doing that, I steal a peak at him.  And I am reminded just how precious this little guy is!

And we are so thankful for him, but I am also thankful for so many other things...such as getting my breakfast made and dishes done before baby woke up.  Now please note I didn't say I was able to make and EAT my food, but still!  I eventually got around to eating it and it wasn't terribly cold.


I have been dying to buy a dishwasher basket for all our little items.  I know it might sound silly to be so excited about something so small, but I have been hand washing all sorts of items and bottle parts for awhile now, and let's be honest, it's time consuming!  And guess what?  I found this basket at Marshall's for $3 - bargain if I ever saw one!  So of course I bought it.  I have so many friends that are pregnant right now, and I have been buying all sorts of girly baby items.  And all the mini clothes and little items make me so happy!  And it's so fun to be able to celebrate this next stage of their lives with them.


And another thing that makes me so happy is this little guy!!  We took this picture to document the fact that one of his newborn outfits actually fits him.  The arms are actually kind of short, but the legs are just perfect!  And the photos are hilarious...it looks like hes singing a song and doing a dance, when in reality he was just making noises and moving his hands around, but I suppose in his world that's singing a song and doing a dance!


Peter finally got an extension cord for his side of the bed, and I normally wouldn't have all these cords hanging out for everyone to see, but they are the focal point of the photo!  So the husband can now turn on his bedside lamp and charge his phone at night.  Hooray, he can now set his OWN alarm with his OWN phone!  It's the little things I tell ya! And I ordered a few gems from Amazon - the NoseFrida being one of them.  We tried it out last night and didn't get any treasures out of our little guy's nose, but I had just pulled a little booger out a bit earlier.  And last night I went through my closet and parted with quite a few items - oh I love that stuff!  I have no problem getting rid of things and don't hold onto too many things for sentimental purposes.  My husband on the other hand holds onto things simply for the sentimental reasons even if he hasn't worn the treasured item in YEARS!  Makes for an interesting match and an eventful night of purging.  Let's just say Peter has about 3 items in that bag, while I have about 50!  Love that man.


And lastly, Little Buddy took his first nap in his crib yesterday!  So proud of him.  We have been talking about moving him into his own little area and into his crib, and I'm thinking all three of us would sleep better if we weren't in the same room.  But I think it will be another month or so before we make the move official!  But in the meantime, I figured I should start having him nap in there during the day so he can start to get use to it.  Doesn't he look so small?? And that my friends is a mini crib.  Imagine how small he would seem in a regular sized crib!


And that's all for now folks!

xoxo,

Malia





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...