March 22, 2013

Recipe: Two Ingredient Cookies.


I ran across this website on a friend's facebook page, and I couldn't wait to give it a try!  And I already had the ingredients, so I couldn't use that as an excuse not to bake right?  So I got to baking straight away.

The recipe truly calls for TWO main ingredients - bananas and oats.  And then you can add in whatever mix ins you want.  Sounds easy right?  Well, it sure was!  All I needed was a bowl and the main ingredients and I was able to mash it up with my hands.  I didn't even use a spoon!

I got the main recipe from The Burlap Bag, and then I added my mix-ins - semi sweet chocolate chips, cinnamon, and almonds.  The second time I made them I added in dark chocolate chunks, almonds, walnuts, cinnamon, and vanilla.  I think I liked the second batch better!

First batch ingredients - minus the cinnamon

Ingredients
  • 2 large bananas (can be a few days old for easier mashing)
  • 1 cup quick-cooking oats
  • mix-ins of your choice

Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes on a greased cookie sheet or you can use parchment paper.  Truly DON'T forget the grease/parchment paper.  I did on the second batch and I set off the smoke alarm...twice.

I diced the almonds and combined the ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Pre-mixing.

And then I mixed it all up with my hands - that was the fun part!  Post-mixing.

Either grease the pan or use parchment paper - I opted for the parchment paper.  Pre-cooking.

Post-cooking - this is the second batch.  Don't those chocolate chunks look delicious.

With my first batch, I made about 10 cookies, and those cookies didn't last long in our house.  
So I doubled the recipe the second time around.  We will see how long those last us!

Happy baking!

Xoxo,

Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...