April 25, 2013

Raising Jack...

ALONE...I can't imagine it, yet I have had to imagine it this past week.  Peter has been gone this past week for work and he will be gone the start of next week as well.  So I have experienced what it would be like to raise Jack alone.  And I don't like it - not one bit.  It's hard work!  And I'm tired - let's be honest, I was tired beforehand, just imagine how tired I am now.

And I miss Peter.  I miss sharing a bed with someone.  I miss the noise of another adult in my home.  I miss sharing the baby tasks.  I miss the sound of Peter's laugh.  I miss my husband.

But I am thankful.  Thankful for my husband.  Thankful for friends who watch two babies at once, while I'm away at work.  Thankful for a job that allows me to work  a few days from home.  Thankful for my parents who let me stay a night with them.  Thankful for my mom who stays a night with me and spends an entire day loving on my son.   Thankful for a beautiful home that I love coming home to.  Thankful that it's Thursday, and thankful that I don't work tomorrow!!

And as the night comes to a close, I am especially thankful for a sleeping baby boy, diet coke, smelly candles, and some time to write.  Oh it feels so good to have my fingers on the keyboard again.  How I have missed this - free time.  What is that?  I hardly recognize it these days.  Yet, despite the lack of free time, I find myself thankful for this beautiful opportunity Peter and I have been given to raise Jack, and I am especially thankful I don't have to do it alone.  Feeling grateful for our community and for a husband that is involved in our son's care tonight.

xoxo,

Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...