September 1, 2014

Anniversary Getaway.



So we did it! We had a weekend away without the little nugget in tow. And to say I missed him is a bit of an understatement, but I had such an amazing time with the husband. It was such a fantastic way to spend our 5 year anniversary - I can't believe it's already been that long, and I just felt so incredibly blessed by my husband the entire weekend. Everything was a secret, but I accidentally found out the night before we were set to depart for our road trip. I had already packed my bags and we stayed the night at my parents house before our morning departure.

And even the road trip was fun! Peter had bought a few of my favorite road trip snacks - chocolate, beef jerky and chips and snuck them into the glove compartment for me to find en route along with a sweet card. Love his thoughtfulness, made me feel like a chump seeing as I hadn't even signed his anniversary card yet. Doh.

Anyhow, we spent the weekend doing things we wouldn't have done with Jack. We stayed up late, ate dinner late, slept in late, rode bikes into town, had a bonfire on the beach, took naps, went on a hike where I literally complained half the time. And not being bound by nap times, diaper changes, babysitters, etc was so freeing.

And our little nugget did great without us..or so the grandparents said. My mom sent me a text after the first day saying..."We are having such a great time and everything would be perfect if it wasn't for that throwing thing." Haha..he is at a stage now where he just throws everything.

It was amazing to me how easy it was to slip back into the no kid lifestyle. I mean don't get me wrong, I was begging my parents for photos, videos, updates, etc. But it was so nice not having a plan and just being spontaneous with our activities, with our time table, and truly fly by the seat of our pants and rest when we wanted to rest and be active when we wanted to be active.

And it's amazing to me how easy it is so slip back into the I have a kid lifestyle. You are active when your kids active and you have the option to rest when your kid rests.  It's just a little different!

And come Sunday we were racing to get back to our little person. But the weekend was so good and a great introductory to all of us in regards to overnights as we will be doing a longer overnight in just a few weeks. Four days and three nights away from our little person, and this time we will be a plane ride away. Here's to more time spent with my honey!!

And some pictures from the weekend at Cannon Beach.



































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...