December 28, 2014

Introducing Ryan Alexander Drennan.


I think a part of me is still in shock that Drennan Baby no 2 is officially outside of the womb. I can't believe he's actually here! We have been trying to cherish each and every moment with this little nugget, while also chasing around a toddler. I have been meaning to post something on the blog for days now, but when the day comes to an end all I want to do is sleep or read a book and the last thing I want to do is stare at a computer screen while trying to collect my thoughts.

I'll write so much more about his birth story, but for now, let's just say Ryan Alexander was born at 8:59 Monday, December 15th. He weighed in at 5 lbs 11 ounces and he was 18.5 inches long, a little different than his 4 lb 2 ounce, 16.5 inch brother. He feels so small to me, it's crazy for me to think that Jack was even smaller!

Needless to say, it was a beautiful experience. Such a far cry from our first birth experience with Jack, and it was so strange to have Ryan in my room that first night, and even stranger to pack up all of our stuff and leave the hospital WITH our baby at the 24 hour mark. Still feels so surreal. I can't believe it's almost been two weeks now. Every single thing just feels so much easier this time around. Ryan's a great sleeper and an even better eater - he latched on straight away, and I'm having to wake him up throughout the day and night to eat. I think this is starting to change though. We shall see.

We are truly praising God for a healthy baby and for such a different experience. I felt so incredibly blessed by our birthing team (my dear friend Erin, nurses, husband, etc) and by our Dr. Even though she wasn't there to deliver the baby or for any part of the labor, she kept checking in with us whether by phone or actual hospital visits in between her time at the clinic. She is amazing! If you are looking for an OB let me know as I recommend her wholeheartedely. 

Thank you Jesus for a new birth story, and for allowing me the opportunity to deliver this baby naturally, and thank you Jesus for a different Dr., one who empowered us to make our own medical decisions, one who encouraged us and supported us every single step of the way. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...