January 6, 2015

Dear Jack {Here's to TWO years}


To my sweet sweet boy,

Today is your second birthday. Another year of life in the books. I can't even believe you are two years old! I can't even believe I've been a mom for TWO years. I can't even believe how fast it has gone.

And I think this second year went by even faster than the first. Sometimes I wish I could just freeze time. Freeze the joyful moments and the hard moments so that we could look back on them later in life together. I wish you could meet your 2 year old self - he's quite the character.

I never would have dreamed just how much I would love being your mom, but then again I never would have dreamed just how much I would love you!

And as we welcomed your brother into our family just a few weeks ago, I couldn't help but think about your own entrance into this world.


Oh it was all so dramatic! And if I'm honest, you are anything but that. I mean you have your moments, especially now that you are two, but I suppose that's extremely normal. All of this (Part one and Part two of your birth story) seems like such a distant memory, yet when I read over my words written a little less than two years ago, it all seems so fresh. The raw emotions of that time come flowing back and the tears stream down my face.

Oh Jack, you may have had a rough start, but you wouldn't know it now!

You have lost all remnants of your 4 lb self, and when I look back at the clothes you fit into all those years ago, I can't even believe you were that small. I keep staring at your brother and thinking, Jack was even smaller than this!

You love to laugh, give hugs and kisses to anyone and everyone, and you are a ball of energy. And you are so incredibly joyful. You are the friendliest little person and definitely an extrovert.

You are our little fighter and you are so independent and stubborn. You know what you want and you know how to get it.



You definitely keep me on my toes, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

You are just darling, and yes, I'm sure I'm biased because I'm your mom, but truly, you have the most beautiful curly hair, and you make the funniest faces and did I say that you just LOVE to laugh.

I am so proud of you. You have accomplished so much in these two years!

I praise God for your life and I'm so thankful I get the privilege of being your mom.

Love you sweet boy!

Mom (you have started calling me mom - it's so weird)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...