December 26, 2015

Merry Christmas (a day late) from the Drennans!


We have arrived in Ireland! It is so good to be here. I have already taken multiple naps and spent a good chunk of time just laying around and eating my fair share of bread and butter and cheese, can't forget the cheese! 

I somehow managed to print our Christmas card and write a letter to go with it all before we left on a jet plane. And I'm so thankful I did as it always forces me to reflect as I think back over the last year. 

What an incredible year it has been for our family – one full of trials and triumphs. And through it all we’ve held fast to our faith and the knowledge that God is good all the time. In our darkest days and in our joyful hours, all the time He is good.


This time last year, we were eagerly awaiting the arrival of our second son! He arrived 10 days before Christmas, and we started the New Year off as a family of four. But at just four weeks of age, our sweet little boy contracted RSV and bronchiolitis and landed himself in the NICU at Children’s. And here I thought, since he was my full term, vbac baby boy, the one I brought home from the hospital the day after he was born, I thought he was immune to NICU stays and getting sick, but alas, I was wrong. It all felt incredibly surreal as we had walked this NICU path before with Jack. And even though it was a
different year, a different NICU, and a different baby boy, I still had the same emotions, the same empty arms, and the same faithful God. And as hard as that time was, the one on one time with my littles was such a blessing. And through it all, I was reminded that God is good all the time.

The rest of the year was filled with so many sleepless nights, so much laundry, so many dishes, so many diapers, so many tears, so much laughter, so many adventures within WA and outside of WA, so much love and joy, and so much grace as we did our best to navigate and balance it all, all while both working full time.

And just a few months ago, Peter was let go from his job due to financial reasons. As hard as this time has been, God has provided abundantly. And as Peter faithfully applies for jobs, and as we eagerly await what’s next for our family, we are treasuring this time together. And if I’m honest, I’m going to miss him terribly when he gets a full time gig, and I know I’m not the only one who will miss having him around as our littles love their Dada. And yet even amidst this trial, we are reminded that all the time He is good!

We praise God for you! Thank you for your love and support this past year. May you find hope and joy in Christ amidst the trials and triumphs in your own life this Christmas season! And may you never forget just how good He is.

Love, 

The Drennan Family



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...