December 26, 2015

Birthday Eve - Letter to Ryan

Dearest Ryan,

I started to write this post on the Eve of your birthday and I'm just getting around to finishing it - only a few weeks late! These are second child problems. :) But better late than never right?

As I sit here on the eve of your birthday, I am feeling a bit nostalgic, which I suppose is only natural, right? And I can't help but wonder why all my babies have such dramatic entrances into the world.

This time last year I had been in the hospital for just a night. The induction process had begun, yet I had no idea what awaited me.

A year ago today, I was completely unaware as to when I'd be meeting you or how long this whole labor thing would last.

Completely uncertain as to when you would be exiting the womb and entering my arms.

And completely oblivious to the sheer joy you would bring our family.

I wish I could tell my old self, the one from over a year ago, the one that wrote this post about doing this whole parent thing a second time.

Just wait till you meet him. He will bring so much magic into your lives.

You have NO idea the joy he will bring your family.

You have NO idea just how much you will want another baby after this one.

You have NO idea just how much your family has been missing without this little one.

And you were right, going from one to two is hard and exhausting, but eventually Jack and Ryan will get to a stage where they can play with each other and engage each other.

And it is all worth it.

You have absolutely NO idea at the journey and the trials that await you this next year.

But remember this.

God is good. All the time He is good. Hold fast to that promise my sweet boy just as I hold fast to you.

I'll never forget the emotoins that flooded my heart and mind surrounding your birth. Your birth story feels like a story of redemption for me. A story of hope. A story of second chances.

And I can't wait to share it with you someday.

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...