August 1, 2016

I'm a mama, I know



I'm a mama, I know.

That's one of the most powerful things you can say to another mom. Isn't it?

Those words carry so much weight and pure understanding right?

Have you ever spoken those words to another mama?

Have those words ever been spoken to you?

Try it.

It truly is powerful.

I've started saying it lately.

I'm a mama, I know.

I know the exhaustion and pure joy and utter elation that comes with welcoming a baby into the world.

I remember all too well what it's like to recover from a c-section and what it's like to recover from a vaginal birth.
 
I understand the stress and the anxiety that comes from hearing your baby cry and how that stress and anxiety is heightened when they start to cry harder and louder.

I understand just how hard it is the first time around. Trust me when I say, the second time around feels easier. It might feel a little more chaotic, but the baby thing feels familiar.

I'm a mama, I know.

I understand grace and the power of forgiveness.

I know what it's like to be extended grace and compassion by another mama.

I understand the need to let things go.

I understand the chaos, the endless mess and the never-ending crumbs that come with kids.

I know the frustration that comes after you take time to clean up said mess only to see it recreated moments later.

I'm a mama, I know.

I know the many reasons you may be late for something because you were wrangling arms into t-shirts and shoving feet into shoes and buckling kids into car seats.

I'm a mama, I know how hard it is to get yourself and two kids out of the house. 

I know what it's like to walk out of a room with a kicking and screaming kid under one arm while carrying a toddler on your hip in the other. 

I know what it's like to wrestle those same kids into their car seats.

And I know what it's like to feel like a sweaty warrior as you climb into your seat with two kids buckled in theirs in the back. 

I'm a mama, I know how hard it all is.

I know how hard it is to balance work and family life, along with all the other things in your life.

I'm a mama, I know the guilt that can come with feeling like you're not doing anything well.

And I know the grace, oh do I know the grace! Thank you Jesus for that grace.

This post was inspired my this article, The Most Powerful Thing you Can Say to Another Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...